- Ericsson to close down telecom cable business 22 May 2013 | 10:11 am
- Telefonica: The consultative cloud services sale 21 May 2013 | 3:33 pm
- BitTorrent traffic dropping sharply in US, as VOD wins favour 21 May 2013 | 2:38 pm
- EC’s super-fast broadband estimates challenged 21 May 2013 | 1:43 pm
- Vodafone sees 90 per cent drop in full year profit 21 May 2013 | 9:35 am
Gathering Senior Leaders from the entire Digital Ecosystem
Join us next year at East Africa Com 2014!
After two days of engaging discussions and networking, the 9th annual East Africa Com conference and exhibition closed in Nairobi, Kenya on the 22nd of May 2013.
The sessions covered the services that are most likely to impact data growth in the region: content, mobile money, e-health, TV, mobile marketing and apps. Some keywords were repeatedly mentioned when discussing how to make services successful: affordability, user-friendliness and simplicity. Betty Mwangi-Thuo from Safaricom (who gave an update on the ever successful mpesa) also highlighted the importance of partnerships to ensure the success of services.
The topic of e-health was covered by a presentation from a representative of Ogra Foundation, the event’s charity partner, which works with and for vulnerable communities in Kenya to improve and promote health.
The event ended with the AppGig, a new session dedicated to developing, promoting and monetising apps for East Africa. A lively panel discussion covered both technical and commercial issues. The audience had a chance to share their favourite apps for the region, ranging from traffic news to education and health. READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE
See you next year in Nairobi, Kenya on 20-21 May 2014!
- Updated keynote session on Digital Transformation to discuss the changes in the ecosystem
- Keynote session on LTE to plan for future mobile broadband developments in the region
- ‘Connecting East Africa’ session on network transformation, connectivity and capacity developments
- Customer Experience Management track to debate how operators can delight their customers and improve loyalty
- ‘Digital Services’ keynote on content, apps and new offerings from operators, OTT players, content providers and more
- Update on broadcasting developments following the digital switchover in the regionand more
- Mobile marketing stream open to all conference delegates
- AppGig showcasing the latest innovations from local ICT start-ups
Find out more download the conference agenda here
In 2012 East Africa Com welcomed:
- 533 attendees
- 57% operator delegate attendance
- 57% C-Level delegate attendance
- 192 companies
- 39 countries
Find out more download the conference agenda here
East Africa Com – the best place to learn about the latest trends, network and do business in the region
- If you attend East Africa Com, you will receive a certificate of attendance
- The ONLY annual East African event dedicated to the entire Digital ecosystem - network and do business with decision-makers from all of East Africa’s thriving markets
- 40+ Expert speakers - learn from the industry leaders over 2 days of congress sessions, and make the most of the opportunity to meet & quiz them
- Meet over 600 Telecommunications professionals and share best practice to grow your business.
- Meet over 30+ leading international vendors showcasing the technology of tomorrow in the co-located exhibition.
- Expand your knowledge of the latest business models and technologies in the high-level conference.
- Get more from the event, with a broader scope bringing the whole Digital Ecosystem together –mobile and fixed-line operators, Internet Service Providers, regulators, investors, telecoms solution vendors and content providers as before with new additions from OTT service providers, social media players, digital media brands and mobile advertisers.
Find out more, download the programme here
The event was very impressive especially with the presentations and how the exhibitors demonstrated their new products and solutions. It is interesting to see the way they all harness the present and future of the latest telecoms and IT productsNjenga Kimani, Flashcom
Well organised event with vast networking and industry insight opportunities. Quite impressive was the session on Elimm mobile device schooling tablet for East Africa. A great revelation on how mobile device content can be compelling enough even in the education sectorGolder Mier, Senior Manager, Safaricom
It was quite enlightening as the speakers and panellists were carefully selected. I was also delighted when local talent and innovations were recognized and presented as it encourages young entrepreneurs to work on, build on and improve their new innovationsWilliam Kibet Langat, Head of Sales and Communications, Telkom Kenya Limited
The conference was well organised, the speakers were on point and I have enjoyed the quality of information givenSakyi Opoku, Senior Marketing Manager, MTN Rwanda
The Conference's Agenda and Exhibition from different international and local organisations and enterprises was informative, entertaining and also left a big research gap on technological solutions for operators and enterprisesHilda N. Mulandi, Financial Accountant, Flashcom LTD
Excellent networking opportunity with senior management professionals. If you would like to be face-to-face with the key players in East African Telecoms, this conference is unrivaledJosh Lowenthal, Managing Director, International Operations, Freeconferencecall.com
It was excellent, thank you, it certainly gave us a good branding visibilityCristina Cocco, Marketing Manager Southern Europe, Middle East & Africa, Dialogic
Speed networking is a very interesting and useful feature. It allows introductions between operators and vendors and increase number of leads we get. It triggers new opportunities and should be implemented also at your Dubai eventKarim Chaari, Sales director, Streamwide
In the past 48hrs, 60 companies/organisations have expressed interest in working with usKageni Wilson, Founder & CEO, ionacloud
It was worth attending especially for the Telecom operators and service providersVitalis O. Oduor, Fibre Optic Cable Network Design Engineer, Telkom Kenya Limited