- O2 UK acquires Weve mobile advertising JV from EE and Vodafone 5 May 2015 | 12:01 pm
- Embracing SMAC to satisfy subscribers 5 May 2015 | 10:52 am
- Facebook moving towards Nokia’s HERE for mobile 5 May 2015 | 10:02 am
- Ciena in $400m Cyan acquisition to grow virtualization portfolio 5 May 2015 | 9:43 am
- A Week In Wireless – Raging election 1 May 2015 | 2:28 pm
East AfricaCom will be openeing it’s doors this coming Wednesday 6th May!
We’re looking forward to welcoming hundreds of registered attendees, including the likes of Barclays Kenya, Orange Telkom Kenya, Airtel Africa, Kenya Commercial Bank, Nairobi City County, MTN, Bharti Airtel International, The National Treasury, Kenya , Vodafone Uganda, Safaricom, Equity Bank, Kenya Airways, Millicom and many more!
View the full agenda here
View a full list of speakers here
View our sponsors here
New topics for 2015
• Unlocking growth through broadband rollout and affordable access
• Bridging the digital divide with 4G LTE
• How to minimize costs of 3G and boost usage of data
• Mobile money a differentiator: the MVNO story
• Reaching the unbanked – a public and private sector opportunity
• Refining inland connectivity solutions
• Creating sustainable and viable mobile financial services
• How to keep at the centre of the digital transformation
• Devolution and Digitizing East Africa
• Monetising the youth market
• Next Gen CIOs: transforming enterprises for digital growth
• Case Study: TVWS project for rural communications
• Optimise performance through Cloud services and dedicated hosting
And much more content in the full two day, dual stream programme…
Sponsored by MTN Business, the CIO forum has been created to uncover the best solutions and future steps towards ICT excellence. The role of CIOs, Heads of Technology and IT Leaders is evolving. Responsibilities now extend far beyond IT troubleshooting, to include a complete overhaul of business processes to compete digitally. This is the forum to make sure you don’t get left behind.
Speaker representatives include the likes of Moindi Consulting, National Bank Kenya, Equity Bank, Subaru Kenya, Ministry of ICT Govt. Kenya and Maramoja – view the list
If you are a large enterprises or network operator the IT infrastructure decisions you make will strategically affect the businesses. The CIO forum helps you make these decisions as informed as possible.
Taking place on Day Two, the CIO stream will feature content dedicated to managing the four pillars of transformation: mobile, social, big data and cloud.
Who should attend?
CIOs, CTOs, ICT professionals and Technical Leaders within:
- Enterprises and large corporations from Oil & Gas, aviation, Government, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Banking and Financial Services
- Network operators & ISPs
- Device manufacturers
- Telecoms solution providers
“The CIO Forum at East AfricaCom will be a meeting point for current and next generation CIOs in East Africa and I definitely look forward to this great event” James Muruthi, Group Head ICT, Jubilee Insurance
A key segment of the digital and telecoms ecosystem are the innovators taking lead on their own projects and companies to address some of the markets biggest needs. The Entreprenur’s hub pays homage to the start-up community by fostering business skills support, mentorship and investment. The key to make this practical experience happen are:
- The Angel Investor’s scheme with a live pitch process on the event day from a shortlisted top 5 entrepreneurs and SMEs – the winners relieved a cash prize for their projects or companies.
- Secondly a mentorship scheme facilitated by Informa whereby entrepreneurs and SMEs with specific requirements for skills development and business guidance are paired with the industry’s leading telco and digital giants offering vital business know-how back to the community.
Want more info – get in touch with us today
Who should attend?
All start ups, SMEs and developers in the ICT and technology and communications space. Registrations for this part is free for such qualifying individuals.
East Africa Com – the best place to learn about the latest trends, network and do business in the region
East AfricaCom represents the most advanced region of the continent for mobile and digital communications, mobile money and ICT development. From and established 12 years supporting the market the East AfricaCom event will showcase the innovators and business leaders that are creating the next phase of the digital ecosystem. This spans from high level infrastructural projects, broadband and LTE rollout while recognising the key challenges for rural telecoms, reducing the costs of 3G networks and boosting data usage.
Regulators, operators, ISPs and digital leaders will gather seamlessly to discuss the connectivity challenges across the region. Mobile money as the great differentiator to East African markets takes a dedicated stream this year, showcasing innovation in mobile financial services and the new strategies for corporations taking up MVNO licenses.
The event recognises the migration of enterprises to digital channels and includes the CIO Forum for 2015. Where ICT leaders and heads of tech at SMEs and leading corporations gather to spearhead challenges of becoming a streamlined, efficient digital enterprise. In addition the start-up and entrepreneur community will gleam new insights and investment from the Entrepreneurs Hub and Angel Investor’s pitch.
In 2014 East Africa Com welcomed:
- 600 attendees
- 55% operator delegate attendance
- 42% C-Level delegate attendance
- 208 companies
- 28 countries
Find out more, download the programme here
Overall conference was well organised, excellent networking and good contacts with my operator customers in the region with some hot leads generatedRegional Account Director, SAP UK Limited
I have been able to meet with partners offering some of the solutions we’ve been looking for in the industry. We also got some feedback on industry areas we are targeting for investment. This must be the most valuable tech event in East AfricaCIO, JLT, Kenya
Good show and productive targeted meetings with East-African operators - will definitely take part againDirector Line of Business Data & Telecom, Eutelsat France
It has been a pleasure attending East Africa Com and participating as a panellist, hearing and sharing views from other regional playersGeneral Manager, Financial Services, Safaricom
East Africa Com has provided a great opportunity to meet and listen to top industry thought leaders in the regionResearcher, iHub Kenya
Informa put on a great networking event presenting valuable opportunities to explore business relationshipsCyrus Sang, Executive Director, Jamii Telecom Ltd, Kenya